Monday, January 28, 2008

Sad Day

Today my BFF Ashley (I always designate her as BFF since we also have a little Ashley around here too) left to go home. She has been here for two months and I have really loved having her and Landen's BFF Jackson around. As you get older you realize how important good girlfriends are. Through the years I know I have often neglected friends for some guy and I now know how stupid that was. Of course hindsight is 20/20 but I really wish I could go back and spend more time with some of my friends that I don't get to see anymore. Now, we are scattered around the country and have families of our own so time is very limited.

There is nothing like a good friend, one to laugh with you, cry with you and most importantly vent frustrations with you. Ashley is just that kind of friend. Just in these two months we have run the spectrum of emotions as I cried with her at her beloved GiGi's funeral and also laughed as we watched our boys play together. I can only hope that our boys will grow up to be the kind of friends we are.

I don't know about other stay at home mothers, but I get very lonely. It is hard to believe when you have two kids crawling all over you all day that you can feel such loneliness but I do. We stay very busy with various activities but I still feel isolated. I attribute it to the fact that I don't engage in one on one adult conversation very often and my main source of connection to other people is the tv and internet. I have been fortunate to meet some wonderful neighbors that have made me feel a little more connected but the reality is, it is just not possible to totally eliminate my feelings. That is where Ashley came in these past couple of months. We have always had such a deep connection, she knows my thoughts before I do. So, having her here made me feel not so lonely during my weekdays. I always knew I would be seeing her in a couple of days and that would make me smile. I will miss her terribly.

Here is a picture of the newest generation of BFF"S.


No comments: