Tuesday, May 27, 2008

For the Record

While cleaning out a closet today I came across my baby book and was reminded of one of my favorite things as a little one. I have shared this with some of you, but it is worth mentioning again.

On my "first birthday" page, the book asks my mom for my favorite foods. At the ripe old age of one, my mom replied....

"Jennifer's favorite foods are pork and beans, potatoes and cola."

To further clarify she had scribbled out "coca" before the word cola, as in coca-cola. She must have realized that I wasn't necessarily picky about colas, I would take just about any carbonated beverage. If this isn't the epitome of a West Texas baby, I don't know what is. Let this be a lesson to you other parents. I have grown from that pork and bean baby to a healthy adult. So, go ahead and give your kid that extra cookie with dinner.

No comments: