Monday, February 25, 2008

Last Week in Review

I am a little late with my week in review because I was at an Oscar party last night. Better late than never, here is my last week in review.

What was Good

  • A big box of brand new kid clothes delivered to my house. It was from Old Navy's 40% baby and kids' sale. I ended up taking about half of them back, but seeing so many new, cute outfits had me on cloud nine.
  • A nice birthday evening for Jessie. Yummy fajitas followed by a good game with his parents made for a fun night.
  • An incredible dinner on Saturday night for our annual Anniversary/Jessie Birthday/Valentines celebration. I had filet mignon, a loaded baked potato and a fabulous cake dessert. What a treat! To top it off, we were without children.
  • Winning lots of quarter bets at the aforementioned Oscar party.
  • Being able to work out after a week off. No, I don't really enjoy exercising. I enjoy being able to drop the kids off in the kids center and watch Oprah while I walk on the treadmill.
  • An opportunity to take Ashley to a birthday party by myself. We don't get to spend a lot of time just the two of us.
  • Making the decision to fly to our upcoming vacation destination. This has eased my mind tremendously. Spending 14 hours in a car with two kids didn't exactly scream fun to me.
  • Another possible mini vacation to plan.
  • The chance to spend a couple of hours browsing Half Price books. Nothing relaxes me more than spending time in a book store, especially when it is a cheap book store.

What was Bad

  • Landen was feeling better but still managed to be very frustrating on several occasions. Terrible Two's are in full force around here and I ran out of patience when Ashley was two. So, I am in big trouble.
  • Ashley being terrified of Chuck E Cheese at the birthday party on Saturday. She loves that place but is scared to death of costumed characters. When Chuck came out for the big birthday show, Ashley was curled up in my lap. I feel so bad for her, but at the same time am a little embarrassed my child is the only one afraid. She gets this irrational fear thing from me. My mother and I were once kicked out of a haunted house when I was little because E.T. came out. Yes, you read that correctly. It was not a vampire or a witch; it was the costumed character, E.T. How sad is that?
  • Lots of things on my "to do" list that are not getting done. I have been working on decorating Landen's room forever and I can't seem to finish. I am very frustrated. Now I have these two vacations, a birthday party to plan and Easter looming. I just don't see the list getting any shorter.

No comments: