Saturday, February 02, 2008

Let's Dance!

I am sorry I have been absent from posting these past few days. I have had the premiere of Lost (which was incredible), my monthly deep clean and Sunday School teaching preparation. I promise I will be back in the swing of things soon. In the meantime, here are some pics to tide you over. Jessie took Ashley to the Daddy Daughter Sweetheart Dance tonight. It is the first year she has been old enough to attend. Ashley has been eagerly anticipating it all week.

Before the dance Ashley got to pick out the restaurant for dinner and she chose Jason's Deli. Obviously we Dickens live large. I wanted Jason's Deli too, so I invited myself and Landen to accompany them. Once the duo got their boogie shoes on, they headed to the ball where Jessie said the first thing Ashley did was exclaim - "LET'S DANCE!" and pulled her dancing partner out on the floor. They continued to cut some rug for the next two hours straight. Jessie informed me they didn't stop except for a brief cookie break. It makes me sad I wasn't there to see it all but Jessie assured me that Ashley was thinking about me. At one point she said "I wish Mommy were here to see all of this." I sure wish I were too. I guess there is always the mother and son dance one day.....


Here are the pink flowers Ashley received before she left.
A good looking pair of dancers.

The Dancing Queen showing off her moves



No comments: