Monday, April 21, 2008

Going once....

I haven't been so good lately at doing my week in review. Things have been pretty routine and have mostly involved a spring organization frenzy. I have gotten a lot done, but it makes for boring reviews. Here are some brief highlights from my past week.

  • I have been lucky enough to catch a cold and even luckier that everyone else here caught it too. It is still hanging around, even though I tried to kick it out a long time ago.
  • I was able to transfer little A to a better school. This has been stressing me out for some time. The school she was supposed to go to was not to my high standards and I was threatening J with private school if things did not go my way. Fortunately, everything worked out. J is thrilled we will not be paying for private school for now. It is still my goal to have them both go private one day, but for now little A is in an excellent public school.
  • I finished organizing the garage, Hallelujah! This was a hard job while battling a cold. It is probably one of the reasons I can't get rid of the cold. Dust and dirt are not friends with nasty cold viruses. Now, if I can just sell all the stuff in my "sell pile." If anyone is interested in any kind of electronics equipment, I have some deals for you.
  • On Saturday night, the kids' preschool had a fundraising dinner and auction. It was so much fun. They provided child care so we dropped the kids off and enjoyed a nice dinner of Macaroni Grill. They had a silent auction and a live auction. In the silent auction I won a professional photography session and a 11x14 print for $37 and two kids haircuts at a kid hair salon for $10. Now, those are bargains. I also went in with some other 4 year old parents to win a camp out night in one of the teacher's backyards. Little A has been begging me forever for a camp out. This way she can camp out and I can sleep in a bed. The best part of all of this was using my paddle to bid. How fun is that?? If I had more money, I think going to auctions would quickly become an addiction.
  • My tivo is starting to fill up with shows. Tonight, I have a new Gossip Girl, XOXO to that! Love it! The Office was very disappointing this week after a good last week and Desperate Housewives is still sitting there. I will say that we are still watching Heroes on DVD and it is probably the best television show I have ever seen. It even beats Lost as far as creativity and execution.

No comments: